Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Young Peeper

Kodi and I just returned from a trip to the Vet's with Henna. Four the past 4 to 5 days she's been regularly eating grass then vomiting and for the past 24 hours could not keep any food down. An x-ray showed some soft material in her stomach -- maybe vegetation, paper or plastic, or cloth, or stuffing from the pillow that she shredded a few days back. Our Vet is holding her for the day, to give her IV fluids in hopes that will help pass the material. An x-ray later today will confirm whether that strategy worked or not.

So, back at home I opted for a yard walkabout to collect Japanese beetles, before settling back into my work. This chore was sidetracked by my discovery of a young spring peeper, barely one-half inch in size, sitting on a raspberry leaf. I ditched the beetle jar and went for the camera. My spirits were brightened by the sighting of this little frog with the x pattern on its back and diminutive size. Now I am more energized to get back to work until I hear the update on Henna later today.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... we were wondering what was up with Miss Henna today! I sure hope she can pass what ever it is they saw on the x-ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JoAnne, Henna stayed at the vet overnight just so they could keep giving her fluids and watch. She is doing fine this morning. They will feed her and see if she holds down food. If all goes well I'll bring her home around midday.... :-)

    ReplyDelete

First Walks of 2024

We rise early, well before sunrise. It helps to go to bed early. Fortunately the New Year's Eve celebratory fireworks in the neighborhoo...