Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Plant Quiz 2

Last month I posted a leaf quiz that several people seemed to enjoy. So, here is the next quiz. These are parts of seed pods, fruits, or cones that I gathered from plants around here in the last days as Kodi and I went on our walkabouts. Ten different native plants are included in the two photos below. One plant was actually new to me - I had not noticed it in my wanderings before and I had to look it up.

A correction thanks to an alert reader: one of these is actually not native to New England, but it has become naturalized here and some do consider it invasive.

I hope you enjoy -- feel free to leave a comment or ask questions. I can give clues, but not yet. I'll provide answers in a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

First Walks of 2024

We rise early, well before sunrise. It helps to go to bed early. Fortunately the New Year's Eve celebratory fireworks in the neighborhoo...