Friday, January 21, 2011

Plant Quiz 3

I have been remiss in not posting the next plant quiz. January snows keep coming - with a bit of rain in between this week -- so I've been too busy snowshoeing and shoveling. Another 6 plus inches of snow are expected today. Before I get ready for more shoveling, here is the next quiz.

On my snowshoeing travels I keep my eyes open for winter buds; there are many and if you look close they add a lot of beauty to the otherwise grays and whites of winter. Below are eight photos of winter buds. To make this slightly easier, here is the list of plants: gray birch, American beech, red maple, shagbark hickory, rhododendron, speckled alder, hobblebush, highbush blueberry. Match these plants with the buds below.








1 comment:

  1. Soooooo much easier as a multiple choise! But still I feel like cheating and running out to look at our blueberries, viburnums, maple.

    Always a pleasure to take part in.

    ReplyDelete

First Walks of 2024

We rise early, well before sunrise. It helps to go to bed early. Fortunately the New Year's Eve celebratory fireworks in the neighborhoo...